Would you have liked to have taken a class from Joseph Pilates himself?
It would have been pretty awesome, don’t you think?
Unfortunately, most of the instructors and Pilates devotees today didn’t have the privilege of working with the Genius of the Method but first generation teachers still possess the knowledge and spark that they learned from Joe himself.
The more time passes by the less likely we are to take Pilates just the way it was created by Joseph Pilates. But one instructor and her supportive husband set out on a journey to preserve the Pilates Method as close to the original Work as possible.
Alisa Wyatt has created a Pilates video website where anyone can take classes and workshops taught by Jay Grimes (first generation teacher), Bob Liekens, Alycea Ungaro (author of the Pilates bestsellers Pilates: Body in Motion, The Pilates Promise and The Pilates Practice Companion) as well as other wonderful second generation teachers.
Here is what you can learn from our conversation (NEW: you can watch a video or read a complete transcript):
- Practical ways to transition from a regular job to teaching Pilates.
- Most important teaching lessons learned from Pilates elders: Romana Kryzanowska, Kathy Grant and Jay Grimes.
- Creative ways to teach the most challenging Pilates movement (and Kathy Grant’s way to cue this movement.)
- How to build the first session with a new client.
- Best Pilates resources for any Pilates instructor.
- The #1 piece of advice for any Pilates instructor.