“My lower back is killing me. Will Pilates help me?” “I have this nagging pain in my shoulder. Can we do some Pilates exercises for it?” I’ve heard these and plenty more similar questions from my clients ever since I started teaching Pilates. Pilates professionals are often viewed as the magic workers who can do […]View Post
Prenatal Pilates is a topic that consistently stays popular. Pregnancy is a wonderful time in the life of a woman but it often raises a lot of questions and red flags for movement specialists.
- What exercises are safe?
- When should we stop doing Pilates?
- How late in the pregnancy can a woman start a new movement modality?
- How can we deal with pregnancy discomforts?
- And when can a woman safely return to her Pilates practice?
Today we are talking to Leah Stewart about Pilates programming for pre/postnatal clients. Leah first started teaching prenatal teacher training courses as a faculty member of BASI. In 2015 she made a decision to take her teaching courses online and she launched her first interactive online course Prenatal Pilates Doula Program.
In this interview we will talk about the building blocks of creating a well-balanced prenatal Pilates program and will address most common teacher concerns about teaching prenatal clients.
Questions covered in the interview:
- Advice for the expecting mothers on how to stay calm.
- How Pilates teachers can provide support for their clients during pregnancy.
- Beneficial breathing patterns during different stages of pregnancy.
- How to create a well-balanced prenatal Pilates program for a client.
- When is it too late during pregnancy to start a Pilates program?
- What are the benefits of taking a prenatal teacher training course online?
Do you need more income streams? Sometimes we feel very uncomfortable talking about money in a Pilates setting. We want to help people, to follow our passion for the Method, to educate …but we still need to make our living. If the idea of adding an extra income stream to your Pilates business has ever […]View Post
by Gabriella Schneider, author of BeyondtheBite4Life.com Living with chronic Lyme Disease is a total toss up. There are many days where the mere thought of getting out of bed expends all of the “energy” I saved up from my last night’s rest. Yet much like the right doctors, treatment, diet, and lifestyle, movement is an […]View Post
by Sunni Almond You know that saying, ‘You don’t know what you don’t know’? Well those who haven’t been contemporary first can’t understand the drive to hop/switch yesterday, BUT the reality of investing at a time of life when there is more to the story than just what YOU want to do is daunting. You’ve […]View Post
One of the biggest problems of the modern world is the lack of time. The more time-saving gadgets and apps we have the less time it seems we have in our lives (or maybe it’s just me?) In this world finding the time for a consistent Pilates practice is becoming more and more challenging. Even […]View Post