Pilates teachers can really change lives.
They teach HOW to move,
they help to recover after serious injuries and surgeries,
they develop body awareness in their students,
they share empathy and encouragement,
they are sensitive to physical and mental issues,
they realign body and mind,
they help find freedom and joy of movement both in the studio and in real life.
Last week I ran a survey (more results of which will come soon) and I asked you to share words of praise for the exceptional teachers in your life. Take a look around. Pilates teachers are REALLY changing lives. This is not a fake list of cheesy testimonials, there are words from real people whose lives have been transformed by Pilates and wonderful teachers of this method. (The order of this list is based solely on the order in which survey responses came in. All of the teachers on this list are #1 in our book, we do not compare but express out fullest appreciation to the wonderful movement educators whose passion is Pilates and helping people.)
Would you like to add somebody to the list? Please add your testimonials in the comments and I will be sure to update this list. There are thousands of remarkable Pilates teachers out there, they deserve to be mentioned and praised.
Praise from the Students
- Beth Posa at New Strength Pilates – Missouri City, Texas. Beth is an exceptional instructor and the most knowledgeable instructor that I have had the pleasure of working with. She is motivational, and informative and can work with any one . I have seen how caring she is and how considerate. She also has a very positive energy. It makes your day to be around her and the studio.
- Heather Fossum of Minneapolis. With amazing insight and knowledge has transformed my physical condition, and given me the tools to continue improving it.
Anastasia Goers was my first instructor that helped me fall in love with Pilates… I injured my back and had to have surgery..for a ruptured disc…after intense physical therapy,acupuncture and massage..I am finally back doing Pilates..
Perry Mauzy is my instructor now..and I work with her one on one..She is very focused on making sure that I am doing the exercises correctly and not to injure my back..I am gaining strength and improving with every visit..I feel very blessed to have work with both of these instructors..I am very happy that I was introduced to Pilates in such a positive way..
- I have been learning to understand my body by my teacher Olga Novikova (based in Hong Kong). She is truly exceptional for me because of her patience, deep knowledge and of course passion for Pilates. I have never met a teacher who would be more concerned about her students’ health and wellbeing. Olga taught me not to be afraid to move and stretch when I was injured, to question the smallest details and meanings of all postures and even words that I use when I talk about myself and my body. It was an unforgettable experience studying with a great teacher!
- Christine Crooks-Nguyen is incredible. She teaches at the Nephesh Pilates Studio in Sacramento, CA. Christine ensures that each student gets the most out of each Pilates session. She is very much in tune to any physical limitations that a student might have, and makes the appropriate adjustment. She is extremely knowledgeable, and an absolute joy to work with. I’m 62 and have been working with her for over a year and a half. I am looking forward working with her for a long time. Pilates isn’t easy, but with Christine’s assistance, I’ve been able to do things that I never thought that I could. Steve Dyer
- Denitta Morris – Denitta helped me finished my training. She also assisted me very professionally thru my back injury.
Leesa Donlen – Leesa continued Denitta’s work and challenged my broken body to new levels of strength!
Nadine Kent- since moving away from Brisbane, I found Nadine. She is very focus and particular about her work. Love the improvement I already see in my body.
Amanda Erlank– Amanda works in the same area and teaches awesome mat classes. Her cuing is incredible and her way of communicating just takes your body to a place it has not been before.
- I would like to say thank you to Anastasiya Goers. Her workouts and explanations are easy to understand, you know what muscles work, and why you are doing this or that excercise. All the activities are planned from easy to more difficult, you don’t need to hurry, and you’ll cope with everything. And what is even more important she works not only with the body, but with the mind, helping to believe that you can cope with any problem you have. Anastasiya is a great teacher! Thank you!
- I have a few! and I thank them all. Vicki Samoya, Lori Ngyuen, Holly Wright, and Kaitlen Groetzinger.
Nicole, Classical PilateStudio, challenges my body as she guides me on various equipment to isolate, refine and strengthen those bits that aren’t working correctly. She challenges my mind as she explains how my body needs to be working. She challenges me to take greater responsibility for my workouts. She inspires me as she demonstrates exercises. Thank you, Nicole, for keeping me in good working order.
- Robin Long from The Balanced Life Online
From the Instructors
- Tania Huddart of Hearts & Bones Pilates in Wellington, New Zealand – she is a brilliant teacher & mentor, who has inspired me to discover new ways to think about & experience movement.
- Studying Biomechanics and Kinesthetic Anatomy with Irene Dowd for 9 months was one of the best things I’ve ever done to enhance my knowledge as a Pilates Instructor. Irene understands the importance of embodied learning, so we worked hands-on with each other for much of the class time, with muscle testing and manual cuing techniques. I would take this course all over again if I could as she is a gem of a teacher and shares her knowledge so generously.
- Holly Pruell Leun – Compassionate teacher for students and clients. Accomplished businesswoman. Owns and manages a stellar studio and certification center She is loyal and committed to the Practice of Pure Pilates. My mentor since 2004
- Miranda Bass in the UK. Besides being a stickler for authenticity and technique, she has quite a sense of humour when you know her better!! she also has a way of teaching that gives you some very valuable teaching skills.
- Meredith Rogers taught the Basi certification program I attended. Her generosity and compassion got me through a tough program.
- Jennifer Stacey is a constant source of inspiration for me. She has studied with many if not all of the elders and loves to combine their work and give them credit. I love her voracious mind, good spirits, excitement about the Pilates Method and generosity with her knowledge.
- Jane Elizabeth Williams in North Devon is an amazing mentor. Her ability to pass on her knowledge is amazing, she is patient, creative and resourceful when teaching new students. She is caring , considerate and compassionate when teaching her clients.
- Denise Maffia – tireless teacher. Amazing cuing. Great relationships with her clients.
- Sarah MacLachlann (Pilates Performance Ireland) Sarah is an inspiration to everyone who meets her. She is a brilliant educator and teacher, no one like her.
- Gabrielle Cahoon, studio 48 pilates, whitefish, Montana. She is so inspirational that she got me interested from 1000 miles away in North Carolina..
- Karen Ellis (The Pilates Nerd), Prana Pilates Newport Beach, CA
- Katrina Edwards. She amazes me everyday. I look up to her and learn from her. She is calm and never gets too excited.
- Cherry Baker. I studied with Cherry in Glossop Derbyshire UK. Cherry is a no nonsense, but humorous, down to earth, person with a wealth of knowledge. She has been nominated & I think may have even won Fitness Instructor of the year on more than one occasion.Cherry runs her own studio along with her husband John. She works with other Pilates professionals such as Shelia Done, another wonderful lady. Cherry works with Christine Minchella North. I believe they are both joint directors of Professional Fitness & Education Ltd. Together they have devised Modern Pilates & have built a wonderful team of dedicated professionals around them to support aspiring Pilates Instructors, & continue their education when qualified.
- Jennifer Gianni is a passionate and COMpassionate teacher who has kindled my love for the Pilates Method, teaching and movement in general. Thanks to her, I did not only learn to understand my own body but also learned to “see and read” bodies of my students. She didn’t just teach me how to do Pilates exercises in order, she taught me to be a TEACHER who connects with students and finds individual approach for each one of them.
If your comment has been published on this page please let your favorite teacher know about it. They will enjoy reading all the worm words that you had to say about them.
This list is not complete…
Do you know an exceptional Pilates teacher? Write a comment below sharing the name and studio where he/she teaches as well as why this teacher is so amazing. After you do that please share this page on Facebook, Twitter or through email so that other teachers and Pilates students could help us grow the list of the most amazing Pilates teachers and educators.