Before we jump to the workout let’s lay out our plan for the next 3 weeks. After all, making plans and setting realistic goals is the most important step to success.
Our SMART Goal:
- S for specific – get a toned body focusing particularly on getting leaner legs and lifted buns, slimmer midline and toned arms and shoulders.
- M for measurable – Take a picture of yourself in your favorite bathing suit before you start the 3-week Bikini Body Rescue program. No worries, you don’t have to go public with this picture unless you really want to but we’ll use it at the end of the program to check our progress.
- A for attainable – if you stick to the workout schedule and focus on improving your nutrition for the next 3 weeks then you will be able to look and feel great in a bathing suit at the end of the program.
- R for realistic – don’t expect to lose 30 pounds or get a Wonder Woman body after this program. Big changes require a lot of work and a lot of time and this is not what we are focusing on in the next 3 weeks. You will lose inches around your waist and thighs, you will tone up and you will get more energy. These are our realistic goals for the next 3 weeks. If you stick to the program for another couple of weeks then you will see even more impressive results.
- T is for timely – we have 3 weeks to get in shape for the bikini season. Let’s get to it!
- Every Saturday, Tuesday and Thursday you will get a new Pilates workout that is 20 to 30 minutes long. Do it.
- During your off days you can repeat your last week workouts, do the Core Connection workout, and add some cardio. Examples of great cardio choices:
Go for a brisk walk (30-50 minutes)
Go for a jog or run (30-40 minutes)
Play sports (45 minutes +)
Do several sets of sprints in your backyard (30 minutes)
- Get at least 30 minutes of physical activity every day (Pilates, playing with kids, walking, Yoga, cutting grass.) Anything that makes you move and gets your heart pumping goes.
- Pilates uses less repetitions than other forms of fitness because it makes you focus on engaging your muscles in the most effective way during every move. You will get Pilates cues with every workout. Study them and explore them in your body to get the maximum benefit from every move.
- Pay attention to the nutrition tips and work on creating a lifelong healthy nutrition plan (no counting calories needed.)
We are starting out with a fun core workout (muffintop and mommy-tummy, here we come!) that will engage your deep core muscles and help you create a slimmer midline.
Please listen to all of the cues carefully but even more importantly listen to your body. Take your time to transition between the moves and don’t do anything that doesn’t feel right for your body.
Enjoy the workout and leave your feedback. Did you have any questions after the video? Or would you like to share your favorite tips and motivate others with your example?
Don’t be shy, jump into the conversation and don’t forget to share the video with you friends!