Brett Miller is the new bold voice of the Pilates community. Chances are you have read his inbox magazine PilatesIntel or seen his comments in various Pilates forums. Brett lives and teaches in Stockholm while “marrying” his passion for Pilates with a full time career in software development.
I first came across Brett’s magazine Pilates Intel about a year ago and have been following it ever since. I have witnessed a rapid growth of his resource and was amazed at the abundance of interesting Pilates articles that came across my inbox over this past year. There were two things that absolutely amazed me about Brett:
- The questioning mind. Brett is never afraid to challenge any Pilates truth or rule. His discussions are not about being right or wrong, they are about hearing different points of view that get all of us closer to the best way that we can practice and teach Pilates.
- Career/Pilates balance. At first I thought that Pilates was Brett’s whole life. It seemed that he spent so much time traveling, teaching and talking to all the other instructors that there was no way that he could have been doing it part time. I was blown away to find out that Brett was successfully combining his Pilates passion with being a full time software developer.
Questions discussed in the interview with Brett Miller (INCLUDES: Full Transcript and Practical Worksheet)
- The secrets to finding balance between a full-time career and Pilates.
- How to find a complementing occupation to supplement Pilates income.
- The “Why” of running an inbox magazine.
- Brett’s definition of Pilates.
- How asking questions makes you a better teacher.
- Brett’s recent biggest discovery.
- 3 factors that hinder the explosive growth of the Pilates industry.
- Best tips for a successful Pilates practice.
- 3 steps to become a better teacher.