To develop your successful Pilates business you need a repeat and consistent customer base. And to develop that strong customer base you need to get on with everyone, right? Obviously, you need to be a extrovert and capable of striking up conversation with anyone. ….. Well, no, not really. So just what are all the […]View Post
Do you wonder: How can I build loyalty to my classes? How can I build a following who refer to me and build word of mouth referrals? Why do some teachers attracting and keeping their customers so well? If these questions haunt you, then read on. I’m really excited to share one of the 3 […]View Post
“My lower back is killing me. Will Pilates help me?” “I have this nagging pain in my shoulder. Can we do some Pilates exercises for it?” I’ve heard these and plenty more similar questions from my clients ever since I started teaching Pilates. Pilates professionals are often viewed as the magic workers who can do […]View Post
Prenatal Pilates is a topic that consistently stays popular. Pregnancy is a wonderful time in the life of a woman but it often raises a lot of questions and red flags for movement specialists.
- What exercises are safe?
- When should we stop doing Pilates?
- How late in the pregnancy can a woman start a new movement modality?
- How can we deal with pregnancy discomforts?
- And when can a woman safely return to her Pilates practice?
Today we are talking to Leah Stewart about Pilates programming for pre/postnatal clients. Leah first started teaching prenatal teacher training courses as a faculty member of BASI. In 2015 she made a decision to take her teaching courses online and she launched her first interactive online course Prenatal Pilates Doula Program.
In this interview we will talk about the building blocks of creating a well-balanced prenatal Pilates program and will address most common teacher concerns about teaching prenatal clients.
Questions covered in the interview:
- Advice for the expecting mothers on how to stay calm.
- How Pilates teachers can provide support for their clients during pregnancy.
- Beneficial breathing patterns during different stages of pregnancy.
- How to create a well-balanced prenatal Pilates program for a client.
- When is it too late during pregnancy to start a Pilates program?
- What are the benefits of taking a prenatal teacher training course online?
Do you remember first learning to drive? Mirror… (pause while thinking and fumbling goes on)… Signal…. (another stupidly long pause, co-ordination of hands and feet)… maneuver … (the slow pulling away from a junction with fear and trepidation)! Well teaching any exercise is a bit like that at first. What’s the move, how do we […]View Post
by Marty Kestin I have been an Orthopedic Massage therapist for 19 years and have focused solely on rehabilitation and chronic pain. Some of my patients come via ham sandwiches or chef salads. That is I court medical doctors via buying them lunch in exchange for their time to hear me out. At one of […]View Post